At Ilminster Town Council (ITC), we value the time and effort that volunteers give to the organisation and community. Our policy has been developed in recognition and support of our volunteers. We aim to make sure that volunteers are treated fairly and consistently so that they can have the best possible experience during their involvement with ITC.
By creating and supporting volunteering we feel we will be better able to meet the aims of ITC and enhance its engagement with the local community.
- We want to involve volunteers because we recognise that some of our areas of work can be enhanced by volunteers who bring expertise, experience and dedicated time
- We recognise that volunteers can make a valuable contribution to ITC and to the wider community
- We believe that volunteering can benefit the health and wellbeing of individuals, and communities
- Volunteering can contribute to an individual’s own learning experiences, provide opportunities to develop new skills and access training and improve job prospects
- We value the role of volunteers and will be clear about our expectations of them and what they can expect from us.
If you would like to volunteer please complete the Volunteer Record and Equalities Form. Click here to download the forms.
Please return completed forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Ilminster Town Council, Council Offices, North Street, Ilminster, Somerset TA19 ODG.