20 November 2019
A meeting of the Town Council will take place on Tuesday 26 November 2019 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, North Street, Ilminster starting at 19:30hrs or on the rising of the Resources Committee, whichever is the later.
The public are welcome to attend this meeting. Members of the public are invited to ask questions or raise issues relevant to the work of the Council. The overall time available for this session is restricted to 15 minutes unless the Chair decides otherwise. Individual speakers are restricted to 3 minutes and are asked not to repeat points that have been made previously. It is helpful if potential contributors can make themselves known to the Town Clerk before the meeting so that the session can be programmed effectively.
Public participation is not part of the formal meeting of the Council however a note will be made of matters raised and recorded at the start of the minutes of the meeting.
The Agenda for the meeting is given below. Please contact the Town Council Office if you would like a copy of any of the reports.
- Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence from Councillors unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive any declarations from Councillors and Officers of interests in respect of matters to be considered at this meeting, together with an appropriate statement regarding the nature of the interest.
To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 29 October 2019 as a correct record. (To follow)
- Office Action Plan
To consider the Office Action Plan relating to Town Council Meetings. (To follow)
- Mayor’s Announcements/Engagements
- a) The Mayor will make announcements relevant to Town Council and Mayoral activities and engagements
- b) To receive the Mayor’s list of engagements between 10 September 2019 and 20 November 2019. (To follow)
- Police Report
This agenda item provides an opportunity for the Police to report on any matters relevant to policing in Ilminster. (To follow)
- Motion Under Standing Order No 9
To consider a Motion, submitted by Cllr Keitch regarding Climate Change. (To follow)
- VE & VJ 75th Commemorations
To consider proposals from the Ilminster RBL Branch for commemorations to mark the 75th anniversaries of VE and VJ days.
- Recommendations from the Open Spaces Committee
To consider recommendations from the Open Spaces Committee held on 10 September 2019 (To follow)
- Wharf Lane Rec Section 106 agreement with South Somerset District Council for New Play Equipment and Youth Facilities
To consider acceptance of the Award Agreement Terms and Conditions. (To follow)
- Ilminster Cricket Pavilion
To consider a request from Ilminster Cricket Club to:
- Support their request to South Somerset District Council for S106 funding
- For a grant of £5,000 towards the project
- Ratification of the Election of the Resources Committee Chairs & Vice Chair
To ratify the election of the Resources Committee Chair and Vice-Chair
- Recommendations from the Resources Committee
To consider Recommendations from the Resources Committee meeting held on 15 October 2019 (To follow)
- A358 Proposals – Cycle Route
To consider the Town Council’s response to a letter from Taunton Area Cycling Campaign regarding the provision of a quality cycle rout as part of the A358 proposal. (To follow)
- Transport Needs Assessment
To consider a Transport Needs Assessment for Ilminster
- Strategic Plan 2019/20-2021/22 – Status Report
To consider the quarterly Status Report. (To follow)
- Strategic Plan 2020/2021 – 2022/23
To consider the Strategic Plan for 2020/2021 – 2022/23
- External Audit Report for 2018/19
To consider the External Audit Report for 2018/19. (To follow)
- Policy Review – Risk Management
To review the Risk Management Policy and consider whether any amendments are required (To follow)
- Policy Review – Media & Publicity
To review the Media & Publicity Policy and consider whether any amendments are required (To follow)
- Policy Review – Petitions Scheme
To review the Petitions Scheme and consider whether any amendments are required (To follow)
- Payments and Virements
The Schedule of Payments will be presented for Council’s information. (To follow)
- Reports from District Councillors
To receive reports from District Councillors.
- Report from the County Councillor for the Ilminster Division
To receive a report from the County Councillor. (To follow)
- Reports from Representatives on Outside Bodies
To receive reports from Representatives on Outside Bodies.
- Update From Neighbourhood Plan Development Group
To receive an update from the Neighbourhood Plan Development Group including information on recent and future activities and any expenditure requests. (To follow)
- Clerk’s Updates
The following Clerk’s Updates have been sent by email since the last Town Council agenda was published
|14/19||3/9/19||1. Grounds Staff|
2. Budget Workshop
3. Special Town Council Meeting
|15/19||17/9/19||1. Strategic Plan & Budget Workshop|
2. Draft Minutes PHT Committee 3rd September 2019
|16/19||30/09/19||1. Draft Minutes Resources Committee 13 August|
2. Draft Minutes Open Spaces Committee 10 September
4. Councillor Training Opportunities
|17/19||30/09/19||1. Draft Minutes of the Town Council meeting held on 17 September|
2. Local Plan Review – Response Letter
3. External audit
2. Trees near the Canal
3. Millennium Seat & Accessible Picnic Bench – Wharf Lane Rec Childrens’ Play Area
- Exclusion of the Press and Public
To consider exclusion of the press and public from the meeting, in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, section 1(2), for Agenda Item 29 Finance Procedure Risk Register due to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted
The reports relating to this item has been withheld from public circulation and deposit.
- Finance Procedure Risk Register
The Finance Procedures Risk Register as agreed by the Resources Committee on 13 August 2019 is presented for information
3 December Planning, Highways and Transport Committee followed by Town Council
10 December Resources Committee
14 January 2020 Planning, Highways and Transport Committee
21 January Town Council (Budget)