A meeting of the Town Council will take place on Tuesday 29 October 2019 in the Council Chamber, Council Offices, North Street, Ilminster starting at 19:30 hrs.
The public are welcome to attend this meeting. Members of the public are invited to ask questions or raise issues relevant to the work of the Council. The overall time available for this session is restricted to 15 minutes unless the Chair decides otherwise. Individual speakers are restricted to 3 minutes and are asked not to repeat points that have been made previously. It is helpful if potential contributors can make themselves known to the Meeting Administrator before the meeting so that the session can be programmed effectively.
Public participation is not part of the formal meeting of the Council however a note will be made of matters raised and recorded at the start of the minutes of the meeting.
The Agenda for the meeting is given below. Please contact the Town Council Office if you would like a copy of any of the reports.
- Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence from Councillors unable to attend the meeting.
- Declarations of Interest
To receive any declarations from Councillors and Officers of interests in respect of matters to be considered at this meeting, together with an appropriate statement regarding the nature of the interest.
- To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 18 June 2019 as a correct record.
- To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 17 September 2019 as a correct record.
- Former Gooch & Housego Premises – Community Group
To receive a presentation from a group interested in forming a Community Interest Company (or similar organisation) to develop and manage the former Gooch and Housego premises
- Poppy Project
To consider if the Town Council is prepared to support the Ilminster Poppy Project by including it on the Town Council’s insurance.
- Exclusion of Press and Public
To consider exclusion of the press and public from the meeting, in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, section 1(2), for:
- Agenda item 7 Former Gooch & Housego Premises due to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted i.e. business information and information relating to potential negotiations;
- Agenda Item 8 Staff Salaries due to the confidential nature of the business to be transacted i.e. personal information
The reports relating to these items have been withheld from public circulation and deposit.
- Former Gooch & Housego Premises
To consider information from the Working Group regarding the former Gooch & Housego building with a view to deciding the Town Council’s position regarding acquisition of the property.
- Staff Salaries
To consider staff salaries in the light of recent recruitment experience.
5 November Planning, Highways and Transport Committee
12 November Open Spaces Committee